Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Putting Her to Work

I put my new range to work tonight! We had some friends over for a dinner before they are off for their month-long summer trip and I wanted to put my oven and stove through the paces. We had chicken sauteing, pasta boiling, carrots cooking, brownies baking and bread warming. I tried out the convection option on the stove and my 45-50 minute brownies were done in 28 minutes of baking plus some sitting in the turned-off oven.

I'm still getting used to it, but I like it!

And now, I have so much to do before my out of town company arrives on Friday. And when I say "so much" I don't mean cutesy little extras. I mean I've got a layer of grime to chisel off the bathroom floor (eww). If I'm scarce around here, that's why.

2 comments:

  1. Love your range --- got one just like it, works like a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara - Thanks! Glad to hear someone else has this one and still likes it! And thanks for commenting. :)

    ReplyDelete