Friday, July 10, 2009

Family Vist Part 1 - Running

First, thanks very much to those who have complained about my absence in the blogosphere - it's rather nice to be missed!

It has been a good week and a busy week around here, with some not so good moments sprinkled in. The not-so-good were all related to both boys being sick with fever for five days each. It was a long time for both of them (but not the same time, we had to spread it out some) and we had to resort to breathing treatments and antibiotics for Sammy. The boys were in sad shape for a couple of days, but for sick children, they were extremely easy and even pleasant most of the time. Which was good, because the great thing about this past week was that my mom, dad and granny were visiting.

We had a great time together! We did some neat activities and projects that I'm anxious to write about, but I suspect my boys will be awake soon and I'll have to quit for today. So look for the continued reports over the next few days.

My dad has been a runner for much longer than I (and is a marathon finisher!), so I've always wanted to take him down to the Town Lake Hike and Bike Trail. This time we got in three good runs there, despite the heat. That space is such a treasure here in Austin, so it was fun to get to share it. Our first run was on Saturday, which was also July 4th, so the trail was abuzz with runners and walkers taking advantage of the long weekend. When we first pulled up to the parking area, Daddy asked if there was a race going on because of how many people were out, which made me happy and proud of this space in our city. We both like people-watching, and there is no better place to run AND watch people! We talked about how one thing we love about running is that you can just do it with minimal equipment to mess with and without having to drive anywhere... but the trail was worth driving to.

We were both inspired to more running by getting to run together.

(Image by Larry D. Moore, used under a Creative Commons ShareAlike License)

p.s. Daddy also brought me a copy of a book he's been really excited about - I'll let you know how it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment