Friday, June 05, 2009

Sweet as Pie

As I suspected, the boys of the house were won over to cold soup by the sweet version.

I should have taken a picture before we started, because there were no leftovers. Zack declared it the best cold soup ever, which doesn't really hold a lot of weight as the other cold soup he's tried was spicy cucumber avocado, and that isn't a bit sweet.

I served this as a side dish with an easy grilled supper. I intended it as a first course that we could eat while the food was cooking on the grill, but I didn't get it ready in time. Are those last few minutes getting dinner to the table a challenge in your house like they are in mine?

Chilled Peachy Melon Soup
1/2 cantelope, seeded and peeled
2 peaches, pits removed
juice of 1/2 lemon
3-5 cubes of ice

Blend well and serve! [I have a hefty blender so the peach peel was just pretty bright flecks in the finished soup.]

p.s. Did you notice that every person in our family has their own spoon-shape preference? Just call us the three -er, four- bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment