Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Rosemary Bread

Today I took a big salad and my favorite herb bread to a luncheon. I used the Ranch dressing from this post to dress the salad and it went over well. I definitely enjoyed it myself! It could have been the other elements of the salad - James' lettuce from his garden, or the sliced olives, or my favorite manchego cheese. But the dressing was good. I think it's even better after letting the flavors marry in the fridge.

The bread is one of our family favorites. When James heard I'd decided to make it for the luncheon, he immediately requested I make more for home. Of course, I had planned to do that, but it was nice to get the request! For a brief time, I thought we would have enough left over and I wouldn't have to make more immediately. But, not so:

This is a bread machine recipe, but I think that enough people have bread machines to make it worth sharing. It works fine for delay bake options.

Rosemary Bread
Makes 1 large loaf (1.5 lb)
1 1/4 c water
1 T butter, room temperature
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 T (about 3 stalks) rosemary leaves, chopped
3 1/4 c flour (or bread flour)
2 T sugar
1/2 T salt
1/4 t dried thyme leaves
1/4 t dried basil leaves

1 3/4 t dry yeast

Add ingredients according to your bread machine instructions (mine specifies this order). I slice it with the electric knife, which makes it fast and easy. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Mmmm - looks so good! Makes me regret getting rid of my bread machine a few years ago!

    ~Keri

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I thought you didn't own a bread machine... why did I think that?

    ReplyDelete