Monday, February 23, 2009

Crisis Averted


I ran out of applesauce.

This is a disaster of epic proportions around here. And probably a sign that I need a Mommy-Time-Out (which I really do). I was wracking my brain for when I could possibly get to the store when I thought, "I wonder if it's very hard to make applesauce." Well, I have to say: DUH. Not only is it not hard, it very easy.

I had three big organic apples. I peeled, cored and chopped them coarsely, then boiled them with 1/3. c water for eight minutes. Into the blender and out came applesauce - a little less than 2.5 cups. I feel a little silly not realizing how easy this was. On the other hand, I looked at the price of applesauce and I only barely broke even on the cost of buying organic applesauce. Tastes good, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment