Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Popsicle Fun

Remember the Summer Bingo card? I needed something for a "prize" so that it would be fun to get a Bingo.  I took another idea from Stacy Julian (who has her kids do "popsicle jobs" where they take a popsicle stick from the jar and do the job written on it) and changed it to work for us.

Since all the Summer Bingo items are things Zack can do on his own, I typed a list of fun activities that take my involvement and printed them.  They are things like:
  • Cook something together 
  • Put on swimsuits and play squirt guns outside 
  • Play Connect 4 together 
  • Make a card using Mom's stamps
  • Build a Geotrax layout together

There are twenty-two of them, the last one being "Zack's choice".  I cut the printout into strips and stapled them to popsicle sticks.

To make it festive looking, we got out the craft paints and painted the sticks first (one stick for every bottle of craft paint in my stash - oh my!).  Zack helped, which was a bit of a mess but that's ok, right?  I figured it was a fun activity in itself.  We could have just written them on the sticks but I was enjoying using a bunch of new fun fonts I downloaded to make every line different.  I used colored staples too which looks cute.

When he gets a Bingo, he can pick a stick and we'll do it.  I'm hoping it'll be a good structure and balance between him doing things on his own and me stopping doing chores to really pay attention to him.  I hope it turns out fun! 

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! I think the colorful design of the sticks makes them all the more fun! I seriously need to follow in your footsteps.

    ReplyDelete