Monday, June 21, 2010

A Fathers Day Card

I am showing the Father's Day card I made for my hubby. I really liked how this homemade cork "button" turned out. I have this stamp set with the tree that I love, but don't ever use. I thought it was a good fit for my longing-to-be-outdoors guy. I also liked giving each layer a little metallic distressing with gold ink.

I made another card for my own father starting with a black base and working in red and silver, but I struggled with it for so long that I just mailed it without taking a picture. Do you ever just feel like you've been messing with some little nothing so long you don't even know if you like it or not anymore? Thankfully, my dad was really complimentary about the card so now I think it must have been ok after all. That's one of those good things about good dads.

I'm really lucky to be surrounded by good fathers on every side.  Hope your Fathers Day was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment