Friday, October 15, 2010

Yippee for my Vintage Flower Frog!

Have you seen how people sometimes photograph cards or layouts standing up in a vintage flower frog?  Here's an example from Jennifer McGuire Ink. I like it for a couple of reasons.  For one, it's sometimes easier to see how a card looks when it is standing up.  But mostly I just love the vintage look of the flower frog!

I've been keeping an eye out for a vintage frog at garage sales and thrift shops for a while, but I just don't get to them often and hadn't found any.  A lovely woman at church found out I was looking for one and gave me three! This is the large one, plus there are two small ones that I thought I might use to stand up a layout.  They are heavy - James thinks possibly lead (therefore, he says, I should avoid licking them.  Hard to resist, right?).  They belonged to another church friend's grandmother who liked Japanese flower arranging.  So awesome.

Oh, and this is the thank-you card I'm sending!

No comments:

Post a Comment