Friday, April 23, 2010

The Natural Gardener

Do you have a garden shop you just love?

We really like to go out to The Natural Gardener in southwest Austin. They have a fabulous demonstration garden (I didn't get very good pictures of it because they closed earlier than we thought they did) full of organically grown vegetables, an herb garden, a miniature vineyard and many other beautiful areas. They also have great animals to go look at - chickens, goats and donkeys. This week we went while my mom was here and had a great time looking.

Shops like this could get me fired up about gardening. But after the initial thrill of all the pretties fades, it turns out I love visiting the shop and seeing the gardens more than the actual gardening. Good thing James will garden and I can just cook with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment