Wednesday, April 21, 2010

All-Bran Muffins

My sister was just telling me how her hubby thinks it's odd that in my family we think of these muffins as a treat: "but, they're bran!" he says.

I guess that's true, but these are a classic breakfast from our childhood. I just introduced these to my kids. James requested them because he loves them too. The kids were highly enthusiastic. Even leftover, Sammy was vibrating with the intensity of effort to get to his muffin as quickly as possible.

My mom made these all the time, at least that's how I remember it. She would bake them fresh in the morning and we would eat them with a fork, still hot, split in half and covered with butter and Karo syrup. Now, doesn't that more than compensate for the bran?

1 comment:

  1. They are a favorite in our home too. I have read that they freeze well also, but there have never been enough left to try it.
    Have you tried them with raisens or dried cranberries? Yum!

    ReplyDelete