Friday, November 25, 2011

Handmade Cards: All things bright and beautiful

Have you been out Black Friday shopping this morning?  That's our plan - it's a little tradition that always feels fun and adventurous.  We're a little disgruntled about shops being open on Thanksgiving.  I hope that doesn't ruin our Friday fun this year!

And now that we can officially kick off the Christmas season, here is my next card to show you.  These are also for the Holiday Sale and they were really fun to make with my new stamp set, Beautiful Season.  I made several of them, since I enjoyed them so much.  The holly and bird image is stamped and embossed (so that it is raised) and then hand painted with a combination of Stampin' Up! Watercolor Crayons and Luminarte paints. Doing these little paintings is therapeutic at the end of a long day!  The background is stamped and embossed with gold embossing powder in the Woodgrain Background stamp - one of my favorites.

The inside reads "May your season be blessed with all things bright & beautiful":  may your season start off that way, today!

No comments:

Post a Comment