Saturday, August 01, 2009

Experimenting with embellishments

Do your hobbies run in trends? You may have noticed that I'm on a scrapbooking kick lately. Those scrapbooking sites and blogs I discovered have me thinking differently about my layouts and my supplies. It's eye opening, but I think I might be making even slower progress than I was before, stopping to think about things in a new way.

Last night I was experimenting with embellishments. I wanted something just so - something I didn't quite have. I took apart a ribbon spool and started working on making it into something new. I've seen people peel of the glossy top layer of purchased chipboard accents and ink them up for a different texture and look. I don't have the type of ink that I've seen used, but even if it I don't end up with something I can use, I don't suppose I've lost anything.

I'll show the finished layout soon and let you know how it works out.

1 comment: