Thursday, April 18, 2013

Scrapbook Layout: Little League Fall 2012

I am thrilled to have finally finished this layout about Zack's first season on Little League this past fall.  I started it over Christmas and got stuck.  I did a couple of other things in between, but I really wanted this done and had a hard time with it.  The main problem was that there were really three main stories about this season that I wanted to tell, but there was no way to capture all of it on one layout.  I knew that when I started, so I was planning to do more than one page, but when I went to try to do this part, I couldn't separate the stories enough to know exactly what I was trying to do here.  Zack had his main team, which was full of delightful people that we became really attached to.  We loved watching all of them improve so much.  But at the same time, Zack substituted a couple of times on a more skilled and aggressive team.   That was a lesser part of our season, but because there was some drama involved, there was a lot of story there.  And finally, Sammy got to tag along too and I wanted to capture the story of his participation. 
 
I wasn't able to get un-stuck until I typed out the long, drawn-out story of our whole season, with all the interacting parts and people.  It was great to capture it all for the sake of our family memories.  I plan to print it on cardstock and tuck in between this layout and the next one.  After I did all that writing (and it took a long time!), I was able to come back to this page and be much more content to limit the journaling to this one part of the story.  I wrote about what a good experience we all had with this team, even though we lost every game and added some photo captions.
 
A couple of notes on the layout itself - the background paper is plain cardstock but I used a number stencil and a sponge and ink to add a very subtle pattern, concentrated in the corners.  The title is die cut with the QuicKutz Chocolate alphabet die (which I bought specifically so I would have some medium-sized numbers on one of my dies. 
Stay tuned in the next few days to see the other two pages that tell the other two stories! 
-------------------------------------
p.s. I'm not sure why I'm having such a hard time getting a good photo of the full layout but I tried again.  Hopefully it's a little crisper!

No comments:

Post a Comment