Friday, August 31, 2012

Scrabook Layout: Oh Coffee!



Today I am sharing a layout about my love of my SAME cup of coffee I like to make every day.  I have been wanting to add some scrapbook layouts that are about the adults in the family.  I mean, I really like my kids and all, but I see people do pages about themselves or their spouse and I like that too.  I've been wanting to do a page on Coffee for a while.  Maybe I'll move from here to scrapping something deep and meaningful about myself.  Wait, maybe coffee IS deep and meaningful!

The main papers here are some Basic Grey - the background pink and the center floral paper - as are the tiny hearts and the sticker with the row of heart cutouts.  I added Basic Black Stampin' Up ink to the edges of everything.  Even though I talk in the journaling about how I prefer to make my coffee at home I couldn't resist adding some saved items from a cup of Starbucks.  I love the little stir-sticks they use to cap the drinking hole, for example, so I put it on there.  I also used the inner side of a coffee sleeve as a paper to punch out some embellishments - all with the great slimline punches from Stampin' Up

The green and black tape layer is actually painters tape (Frogtape brand), covered with Martha's Textured Metallic Paint in Lampblack.  I had used the tape and paint for a stripe in Sammy's room and after I peeled it off the wall I liked the sparkly black on the green sooo much that I took it straight in to put it on this layout! 

2 comments: