Friday, April 29, 2011

Project: Recovered Kitchen Chairs

This was at the top of my list of projects for while my mom was here for a recent visit. As is so often the case when Mom is doing all the work, it was really easy!  Well, I helped.  In a tangential capacity.  I think I could do it again myself now.

I didn't remember how we (probably she) did these the last time, so I was interested to see that the seat juts unscrews from underneath, revealing a later of wood seat, a layer of foam, a fabric cover over the foam and then the top fabric.  We added another layer of foam for a more comfortable seat, tracing the old foam and cutting the new out with scissors.  The new cover was stacked with both pieces of foam and the wooden seat.  The cover fabric just wraps around and staples underneath so there is no precision measuring required.  We used a staple gun from the underside of the seat to staple it snugly on, then screwed it back onto the chair.  Ta-da!  And easy.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love the new fabric. Your mom rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really awesome fabrics and i love these designs here.

    ReplyDelete