Wednesday, April 06, 2011

It's Finished!

Just in time for Sammy's third birthday, I finished his first year baby book!  This is the title page.  I've always really loved his eyes in this picture.

I did learn something doing this layout.  I stamped that lower area of damask looking background in Versamark, then tried to emboss over it with Chocolate Chip pigment ink and clear embossing powder.  But the powder stuck to the Versamark.  So, I dried the Versamark ink with a heat tool and repeated my effort.  Still the embossing powder stuck to the Versamark.  So, I left it OVERNIGHT after drying it with the eat tool and repeated.  STILL it stuck to the Versamark!  I had to just brush off as much powder as possible with the heat tool and call the rest an "effect".  I don't mind it, but I was surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment