Thursday, July 15, 2010

Book Review: The Big Picture by Stacy Julian

I really really love this book.  

I've never really reviewed it because it's out of print... but really, I think I never reviewed it because I had too much to say about it to try to capture it all.  But now, I am so excited to report to you that Stacy Julian has acquired some copies of this out of print title and is selling them on her website!   She has also reacquired the rights to the content, which is awesome for her.  So, in honor of the occasion, I'm going to give it a try.

Stacy Julian, founding editor of Simple Scrapbooks Magazine (which is sadly no longer with us), is a really compelling personality.  She's passionate, silly, open, approachable and yet fearless.  This book is about scrapbooking like that - capturing thoughts and memories in a way that enhances your life and the lives of those around you. 

If you aren't a scrapbooker, this book would show you the point of it all and the joy and meaning of it.  If you are a scrapbooker who feels always behind, this book will liberate you from the obligation and free you to capture what matters most to you.  If you are a scrapbooker who is happy with your art and your story, this book will give you ideas and inspiration.  Really really good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment