Friday, November 05, 2010

Scrapbook Layout: 1

Back to blue!  Good thing this and last week's layout are not right in a row in my book.  I would be on blue overload everytime I looked at them.  And do you know what just killed me?  The backs of these blue cardstock pages I used as a base are a beautiful GREEN color.  But, this blue called to me so here it is.

This was the day Sammy turned one.  Daddy took off work and we went to the Austin Zoo.  It was a really beautiful spring day.

The chipboard 1 is flocked with black - my first time to try flocking.  I found it easy, but a little dusty.  I hope the flocking doesn't flake off over time!  The "happy Birthday" sentiment was on plain white but it just looked too stark on the dark layout, so I pierced around the edges and sprayed it with my blue Perfect Pearls.  I also took my Perfect Pearls to the little black flower and leaves.  I made the leaves using my beloved Bird Punch and the flower by a cool little technique I found here.  The spiral flowers turn out really thick, so I tend to make them but then dampen and rough them up until they have a little softer profile.  
And last but not least, that's my brand new Decorative Label Punch to make the shapes along the bottom right - so fun!

2 comments:

  1. Deanna you're so clever! Will you bring it to Craft Night? I want to see the flocking in person.

    ReplyDelete