Friday, November 27, 2009

They're multiplying.

Coffee talk, in honor of Black Friday.

I do love my recycle-themed Starbucks mug, but I'm not sure I really need a whole family of them.

I started with the little one. I was looking for something with a lid that really seals, even for hot beverages, had no handle to get in the way of my car's cupholders, and was pretty. This one has been great for all those requirements. It was the only size they had at the time, though, and it was just so small. Eventually, they added larger sizes and I decided to spring for a larger one - the medium sized one above. That one was really perfect, but in a string of pigeon-brained item losses, I misplaced it. I finally gave it up for lost and bought a new one (then, as you see, I eventually found the lost one). When I bought the third one, I was in the drive-thru and just told them to give me "the large one", thinking I would get another of the same size. Apparently they've added yet another size. Large indeed.

I have to confess that the large one is ridiculously large. It's a vat of coffee. It's laughable to call it "a cup" of coffee.

That's why it's my favorite one.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, but do they really need to be recycled themed???? You must just be trying to secure your liberal card for those days when your upbringing shows through. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help it if my favorite color actually IS green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my husband a Stanley mug that fulfills the same purpose as your enormous one, and I like to imagine that he appreciates the tool-handle texture of the handle. :)

    ReplyDelete